Better Believe it is a place for learning, sharing, and growing. Here, people can come together and share their own ideas or experiences. If you’ve experienced something and learned from it, share your story with others.
Our readers come here to read tips, techniques, and stories that help them heal, learn, and grow as individuals.
Anyone, of any age or from any background, can submit an original article (not published anywhere else) along with a short biography for publication here.
This is not reserved for celebrities or high-profile authors. The best stories, articles, or lessons come from regular, everyday people who are willing to share their stories, tips and techniques openly and honestly.
What Makes an Ideal Article?
The most popular articles on Better Believe It have the following characteristics:
- Personal experiences and stories are relatable. It’s easy to learn from someone’s experience instead of just reading a general, vague wikipedia-style article. Make it personal . Delve beyond the surface. Pull the reader in emotionally and paint a vivid picture.
- They can be applied in everyday life. This doesn’t apply to every article, but if it makes sense, provide some actionable steps people can take.
- They are at least 1,000 words long.
- They express something you’ve learned, experienced, or grown from.
Why Should You Submit an Article?
- Increase your exposure to new readers and increase traffic to your own site.
- Every guest article includes a short bio which you can use to tell people about yourself. You can include links, and you can update it at any time, so if you come up with a great new product later, you can tell people about it.
Things You Might Want to Include
- Share a specific story from your own life and get into detail. Don’t say, “I went through a bad experience”. Show us. Who was there? When was it? What happened? What was the cause of this? How did it make you feel? What happened afterwards? Share your insights and lessons learned, but also share how you came to learn them.
- Offer some practical, actionable tips to help people overcome similar challenges or to realize what you realized.
- Choose a topic that’s related to personal development that’s not related to how to make money online, blogging, religion (although if religion is tied into your personal story you can include it there), or how to become a coach/motivational speaker/etc.
- Try to avoid posting links to your website in the content of your article. Save it for the Bio box.
- Make sure it hasn’t been published elsewhere, even on your own website.
- If you use parts or pictures from someone else, give credit where credit is due.
- Keep paragraphs relatively short – 3 or 4 sentences is ideal. Make it readable for an online audience.
- Use pictures, bulleted lists, sub-headings, etc. to make it easy to read.
A Few Notes To Keep in Mind
- Your article might be edited before publishing. If so, all proposed changes will be discussed with you prior to publication.
- You can expect a response to your submission within 1-2 days.
- You may be asked to revise a part of your submitted article.
Thank you for sharing and being a part of the Better Believe It community. Click “Submit Article” to send your article.